Manatee Dive Trip January 31st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barry, nice work on the photos. See you at the meeting Tues. night. I saw your pictures but I didn't see any manatees.

TheAlchemist

Congrats on the first post! Keep them coming! :banana:

OMG, I can't believe you didn't see any manatees. Did you get out early due to the temp? I had 3 all by myself and two with others. I think a lot of people that hung out by the cavern entrance were very disappointed. I left that area early and went out in front of the boat and had all but 1 of my encounters there. If it'd make you feel better we could spray some grease on Craig and a little algae and let you rub on her! :rofl3: Was that manatee briefing hilarious or what! I hope you had a great time nonetheless!

Barry, nice work on the photos. See you at the meeting Tues. night. I saw your pictures but I didn't see any manatees.

The Alchemist

Thanks for the report, pics aren't working for me though

This trip was well worth the 6 hour drive! The staff of the dive operation, WaterSports, were professional and knowledgeable about the manatees, the area, the expectations, etc. and injected enjoyable humor in all of the information. Especially enjoyed the "substitute" manatee demonstration - great job Craig! To be around the manatees and have an up close and personal encounter is beyond words. When I was nose to nose with a manatee, it was like having a spiritual experience with the manatee as it looked deep into my soul through my eyes. I have to have more encounters!
Thanks for awesome pictures, Barry!

There is just something about the piercing Deep blue eyes that still has my a bit rattled as well! Hey, I've made about 6 copies of my DVD for people who may want them. I'll have them at the Dive Club meeting on Tuesday for say......$5 ? This will cover my costs for DVD's, labels, ink and cases!

This trip was well worth the 6 hour drive! The staff of the dive operation, WaterSports, were professional and knowledgeable about the manatees, the area, the expectations, etc. and injected enjoyable humor in all of the information. Especially enjoyed the "substitute" manatee demonstration - great job Craig! To be around the manatees and have an up close and personal encounter is beyond words. When I was nose to nose with a manatee, it was like having a spiritual experience with the manatee as it looked deep into my soul through my eyes. I have to have more encounters!
Thanks for awesome pictures, Barry!

So glad you had a great time Barry!! It is truly something to experience. When we went, we were in dive gear(which really wasn't necessary as the water was so shallow) but we saw an awesome site of a Mom and Baby lying together on the bottom. :) It is definitely something you should do at least once.

Hey, I completely forgot to mention in my post here that the Bay Breeze Dive Shop who put the trip together did an AWESOME job! Everything ran smoothly and the folks from the shop made the trip unforgettable! Thanks to everyone at Bay Breeze!!!

It was unbelievable! Thanks to Craig and Bay Breeze and the West Florida Dive Club for putting all this together, it was an experience of a lifetime. I got to see quite a few, and I had 3 encounters. I'll have to say though, that Tarpin or whatever it's called, the fish that was about 6ft long, gave me quite a startle the first time I saw it!

Incredible pics Barry! So I have mine on photobucket, how do I get them on here again? the html code or the img code?

Right click the IMG Code at the bottom of the list as you roll over the image, then select copy and switch back over to ScubaBoard and in your opened thread select paste. It will input a long string of link..... Don't edit it then you can hit enter twice and do it again! Now let's see your pics......:popcorn: I'm excited to see what you have!

It was unbelievable! Thanks to Craig and Bay Breeze and the West Florida Dive Club for putting all this together, it was an experience of a lifetime. I got to see quite a few, and I had 3 encounters. I'll have to say though, that Tarpin or whatever it's called, the fish that was about 6ft long, gave me quite a startle the first time I saw it!

Incredible pics Barry! So I have mine on photobucket, how do I get them on here again? the html code or the img code?

Thanks for the nice comments, Bellabeachgirl. I really appreciate that. Couldn't have ask for a better group of people to travel and dive with. Hopefully, we can do it again soon.

Back
Top Bottom