Manado weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear Neve
I don't live in Manado, but have been there plenty of times. The wet season lasts from November until April, sometimes until May. February is the wettest month! Check out the CNN weatehr site for daily updates -
http://weather.cnn.com/weather/forecast.jsp?locCode=WAMM
All is not lost though, if the sea is rough on the Bunaken side of the Peninsula, head over to Lembeh Strait or even better Bangka Island, the diving here in my opinion is better than Bunaken.
Hope this helps
Reefwalker:wink:

Thanks Reefwalker! Why didn't I think of weather.com? (insert a banging-head-against-wall smiley here)

Well the weather is always tricky during the wet months... sometimes it's sunny and dry for two weeks in a row, and then suddenly it pisses down for months... I'm just hoping luck is on my side this time.

How far is Bangka Island from the main resort area, would you know? I'll be staying at Tasik Ria.

Cheers mate!
neve

Dear Neve
Bangka Island is a few kilometres north off the mainland (Bunaken Island is north-west) and is accessible by fast boat from the resorts south of Manado on a day dive (Tasik Ria for instance). The island has stunning soft corals and undulating reef profile. The nearby mainland is just north of the Lembeh Strait and has better visibility with lots of rare marine life. Mark my words - this will be THE place to dive once the word gets out. I have done a live-abord trip out of Murex just around these close islands (Bangka, Taleisi, Gangga plus the mainland coast) and thought it was bloody fantastic. The Bunaken Group is boring in comparison!
Tasik Ria Resort looked nice when we went there and friends have said it is very good, but I have only stayed at Murex. Mostly because the Batuna's (who own Murex) are great people and the shore diving is excellent, particularly night dives, but we did dive outside of Tasik Ria from a boat (300metres out from shore) and it was a nice critter/muck dive.
Regards - Reefwalker:approve:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom