Manado SDQ - Sulawesi Dive Quest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edwinh,

We were on the pinnacle at 6:30 AM the morning of 23 JUL. It was our last day of diving on our MUREX liveaboard M/V Serenade trip. And to think that we almost opted to get off the boat the night before and stay at their Bangka Island resort.

I also got to see my first wahoo at that site which on any other dive would have been fantastic in itself but in this case it was just "oh well" :)

Our dive master said they are only there early in the morning and anytime after 7:00 AM the chances of seeing a hammerhead there are almost zero.

Rickg

I was there at around 8am. Too late to catch the hammers. Sigh.

Was diving with SDQ and was staying at Papa Boa. My group told SDQ to pick us up at 430am so that we can dive at 630am at Batu Kapal. They came at 630am. Was quite pissed off at them for being so unprofessional.

edwinh,

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I too would have been a "bit" upset if I had gotten up early for a 4:30 AM pickup and the dive boat didn't show up until 6:30 AM.

At least you are much closer to Manada in Singapore than we are in San Diego so a return trip is much easier. We were lucky because we decided to stay the extra day on the Serenade.

Rickg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom