Manado lodging for one night

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GirlonFire

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello all
I will need to overnight in Manado since I will have a 5:55 am flight.
Is it better to stay in Manado City or one of the resorts like Cocotinos or Novotel.
I’ll be coming from Lembeh and will probably have an afternoon and an evening in the area. Happy to eat at the hotel or venture out if able...

So much choice, from very cheap and at walking distance from the airport to the many higher standard hotels.

I use Novotel, 10 min to the airport, a good breakfast buffet, and room service if your hungry in the middle of the night.

We stayed at Novotel before our early flight.
Pros: nice rooms, close to airport, small pool, good massage in room
Cons: food was bad and pricy and while there was a mall close by, we did not fancy the fast food restaurants.

On our return from Lembeh we stayed at the Aryaduta.
Pros: nice room, great view, close to city and not too far from airport, food was ok, drinks a disappointment + expensive, good mall and some restaurants nearby.
Cons: smell (sewage) in the lobby and halls, weird ac, ac not working in restaurant.

If we ever go again I think we would go with the Aryaduta.

I like staying at the Novotel & convention centre, because it's on the way to Lembeh and close to the airport (imagine I forgot my puter I left in my room, realized it was missing when I was already into the embarkation area at the airport, I only had 40 minutes before flicght departure : I rushed into a taxi and got back with my dear computer within 15 minutes), you don't have to endure Manado traffic, they have really good beds as in all Accor chain hotels, the breakfast buffet is good as in all Accor chain hotels, it takes only 20 minutes and less than 10USD taxi ride to go downtown eating at night at Raja Satay for instance (great avocado chocolate shakes, outstanding satays, yummy klappertaart as well...).
Add on top it's cheap.

I always stay at the Novotel. Everything is easy except
For some reason their machines do not like my Canadian credit cards. I've given up and just have the cash with me. It is easier than the hours wasted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom