Man pulls shark's tail to save woman in Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

muha

Registered
Reaction score
Man pulls shark tail to save woman diver then disappears | Mail Online with pictures!

A shy hero who grabbed a shark's tail and pulled it from a young woman diver as her blood filled the water said today: 'All I want is the girl to be OK.'

The man declined to give his name or speak further about his courageous actions, but other divers said he had probably saved 19-year-old Elyse Frankcom's life after the 12ft shark had bitten into her hip.

As she sank to the bottom of the sea, off the coast of Western Australia, the anonymous snorkeller grabbed the shark's tail and pulled it until it let go and swam away.

Right place, right time, right action. :thumb:

Sounds like a snorkel group.

Cute girl. The news media could make this into a real beauty & 2 beasts story.
She revealed she was wearing a shark shield - a device which produces an electrical pulse that induces spasms in shark snouts - but only switched it on halfway through the attack.
Reminds me of the time I didn't turn my air on. :silly:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom