Mamro down

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nadwidny

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Heard over the past week or so that Danny from the Mamro has decided to shut down his operation. Sad news for West Coast explorers like me and others because Danny was always up for doing something different. I've done most of my most interesting excursions off the Mamro which includes finding and being among the few to dive the Zalinski. I was on the Mamro when a big chunk of the Butedale dock collapsed into the water one night. Lots of good memories.

With the shutting down of operations there is Mamro swag for sale. Check out Mamro Adventures -- Mamro Boutique .

I'm going to miss hanging out with Dan, a captain extraordinaire and a good friend.

Heard that Danny is now the Captain on the Sea Dragon.

Divegoose

He's been doing that on the side for the last couple of years. I don't know if he'll be doing that anymore either as I heard he got a job on a tug in Port Hardy.

Sea Venturer, Lady Goodiver, Mamro....no more local live aboard charter boats left on the coast :depressed:

Divegoose

Does this open up a business opportunity or is it the economics that has caused all the shut downs. Isnt the dive resort at Port Hardy shut down too? Can't recall the name just now. . Rendezvous?

Does this open up a business opportunity or is it the economics that has caused all the shut downs. Isnt the dive resort at Port Hardy shut down too? Can't recall the name just now. . Rendezvous?

Not sure of the reasons. There are two dive resorts at Port Hardy - Browning Pass Hideaway and God's Pocket. As far as I know, both are still in operation. Looking at the "Hideaway" web site John is taking bookings for 2014, as are Bill and Annie at God's Pocket. Rendezvous Dive Ventures is out in Barkley Sound on the west side of the island. Peter and Kathy are still going strong.

Divegoose

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom