Mammoth lake UW photo's taken on 19MAY2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tripntx

Contributor
Reaction score
Here's a few pictures I took this afternoon (19MAY2012) while diving at Mammoth Lake in Clute TX.

_KEN5377-1.jpg_KEN5406-1.jpg_KEN5409-1.jpg_KEN5443-1.jpg_KEN5411-1.jpg_KEN5412-1.jpg_KEN5416-1.jpg_KEN5422-1.jpg_KEN5424-1.jpg_KEN5427-1.jpg_KEN5441-1.jpg_KEN5391-1.jpg_KEN5393-1.jpg_KEN5394-1.jpg_KEN5399-1.jpg

Great pics. Looks like the visibility is pretty good. I don't see a lot of particles in the water like I'm used to seeing up here in lakes. Is it really that clear typically?

Kory

nice photos, what camera was used for these?

Pictures yesterday were taken with Olympus Pen E-PL1 camera, Olympus housing, Panasonic 8mm fisheye lens, ZEN Dome Port for 8mm fisheye, INON S2000 & INON D2000 strobes, Big Blue focus light, and ULCS arms/tray/clamps. Believe this picture has the Panny 7-14mm lens on camera with corrisponding ZEN dome port on housing.

IMG_2114.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics. Looks like the visibility is pretty good. I don't see a lot of particles in the water like I'm used to seeing up here in lakes. Is it really that clear typically?

Kory

Water is usually 10 to 20' from Febuary though June, then starts dropping off July to low vis August through September 6-8'. Starts improving again late October. This year a lot of rain has had vis 6-8' for most of March and all of April. It is just now starting to clear up again. Particulates are in the water, but I'm using dual strobes to prevent highlighting them. Which that said, visibility on any given weekend is very dependent upon how many shops have students kicking up bottom from OW classes.

Back
Top Bottom