Malta.......January?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBaby

Contributor
Reaction score
Advice....in need!

Belushi has a friend whos organising a dive trip to Malta in January and its a good deal...but....what i need to know is would I get away with a 2-piece 5mm wetsuits or will I have to do the dry-suit scene for this one?

Also, whats the diving like in Malta?
To be honest, anything is better than the UK right now....belushi and i just need to get away...even if it was butlins!

I had read somewhere that the diving wasn't really that good. Can't remember where I read it though.

On the other hand, it used to be a real neat island, many many moons ago. Valetta and Harbour Lights were bustling with activity.

Hope you can go.

To be honest, I wouldnt be going so much for what I can see while diving...just being submerged would be great! And not being here.

I just need to know what I need....drysuit of 10mm of neo. wetsuit?

I am told that the underwater topography is quite spectacular, plenty of caves and stuff, but don't expect much wildlife. 5mm will not be enough in January.

Neil

How good a deal and are there any open spots?

My wife and I have been taking about a vacation to that part of the globe......

(don't know if this is the best time... but its worth considering.)

Duca

It will be under £400 per person for a weeks trip to Malta in January. The set details arent published yet cause we've only got the info through one of Belushis mates.

The price includes all shore diving, accomodation and tanks and weights. All you need to pay for is food and drink...and if you dont have your gear you'll need to hire it.

I will email/PM you with anymore details I get!

hi, i went to Malta in July, viz very good, get wrapped up its freezing lol. Watch out for the exit and entry points in both Malta and Gozo they are killers!!, there is lots of deep diving, The Bomber is good, also the ROZZIE, go for it and have a good timex

Hmmmm.....
ScubaChick - I am not so fond of cold water - gives me goose-pimples all over and it means I get cold as well!!

By the way, I noticed you've a new member, glad to have you with us.

Hope some of your resident nutters:bonk: dont scare you away - normally nodding, smiling and moving slowly away works quite well !

Welcome on board anyhow! :mean:

Thanks scubababy, sorry if if scared u off, but the thermoclines nearly killed me, stopped me dead at 25m lol, ps, Malta is famous for the woolly jumpers, lol, thanks for the welcome and and the warning, i will treat them like stonefish until i get to know them :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom