Malindo Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Centrals

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Any comment please?
Really cheap but owns by Lion Air.
What you paid is what you get! I shouldn't expect too much if the fare is lower even than Air Asia.

Cheap. 7kg carry-on, everything else they charge you for. I flew Sing>KL and it was fine. It's nothing special at all.

It's a cheap asian airline just like all the other cheap asian airlines. It's a known quantity, and all that implies.

Used Malindo Air few times and I think their services are better than Air Asia.
For example, they offer free meal onboard for SGN to KL while Air Asia doesn't, you have to pay for it.

Thank you very much, I will give a try if opportunity arrives.
On board food is only HK$19.00(US$2.40) for a simple rice dish. Air Asia charges a bit more!
Pre-paid baggage starts at 5kg with 5kg increment. I like that.
I have a sneaking feeling that Malindo is Indonesia answer to AA.

I guess the free meal onboard depends on the length of the flight.
For my last flight with Malindo Air, from Saigon (Vietnam) to Denpasar (Indonesia) with a layover at Kuala Lumpur, the meal was free and there was a checked luggage around 20 or 25kg included.

For information, Malindo Air is a Malaysian company but owned by Lion Air (Indonesian group)

I quote Wikipedia:
"Malindo Airways Sdn Bhd is a Malaysian hybrid-full service carrier owned by Indonesian Lion Air Group with headquarters in Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia. The name Malindo signifies a cooperative pact between Malaysia and Indonesia."

For information, Malindo Air is a Malaysian company but owned by Lion Air (Indonesian group)
There must be a good reason why Lion Air group would want to operate an airline in a foreign country.

One and only time I flew Malindo this year, found it better than AA. To my surprise the food was tasty and good. For a budget fare I also got a usb charging port which I never got with AA.

P

Just bought a round trip HKG/KUL for HK$935.00(US$117.00) including two simple rice dishes.

Sounds nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom