Maldives Luxury LOB during New Year 08/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

awesome

Registered
Reaction score
Maldives Luxury LOB is availble for Full Charter or Group Booking ( 10 Guests ) during New Year 2009

Tour Date: Dec 27, 2008 - Jan 03, 2009
--------------------------------------
Group Rate: USD 350.00 per guest.
Full Charter: USD 35000.00 ( Max 20 guests )

enquiries : sales at sachikaliveaboard dot com

Maldives Luxury LOB on New Year 2009

After the death of Roman Rudikov earlier in the year I have to ask if you have a public policy that can be shared with everybody here that ensures the safety of the divers? I think that this very unfortunate incident really brought to light the issues that exist and that the Maldivian government had no interest in fixing the problems or preventing them from happening again.

Maldives was tops on my list of places to dive until I saw how that accident was handled. What does one get for the $350? The price seems too good to be true which usually means it is. More detail might get more enquiries.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments.
Well the present government will be changed from 11th Nov and more over the Laws on Liveaboard operation will be change soon. Safety standards of the Liveaboards will be checked by the concerned people of the Government and drastic actions will be taken against the liveaboard operators who are careless on safety standards.

Futheremore regarding the Liveaboard of which the incident happened is not in operation yet.
I assume that the concered authorities have taken action against the liveaboard.

The New Government will be more transparent on actions taken and you will see this soon.

Apart of this this is an one off case through out the history of liveaboard operation in Maldives and just because of one operators neglicance it does not mean that the other operators are same.

Since Mv. Sachika is luxury liveaboard we maintain standards not only on Diving. Standards are met on accommodation, food and service.
The General Manager Mr. Corrado - "Italian" is always onboard during the tour and any issues will be solved then and there.

If you have any queries you may post it here or contact me at sales@sachikaliveaboard.com

Sorry but I still have a question. First of all, I do agree that one accident with a charter does not mean all charters are negligent. However I believe there have been other incidents (perhaps not as serious) over the past couple years and when I saw how this particular case was "not handled" I was forced to black list the area.

It is good that the new government will show progress when investigating these sorts of issues and hopefully they will put laws (enforced laws) in place which prevent many accidents and incidents. Safety should be tops for all involved so I look forward to the change.

Now, I would like to know what one gets for the quoted price of $350.00. I did go on your website and could not really see anything on your rates page that gave any information so I need to know what that covers. Is it $350 per day for 10 days. Is it $350 for 10 days. Does it cover all diving (air and nitrox)? Does it include aLL meals? Does it include transfer from where ever the ship departs from to/from the aiport?

Does the ship depart from Male? Sorry for doing this all here on SB but I think if you put the information here where you have offered a "deal", you are more likely to get people interested. It is easier to be interested in some thing that you know, rather than something you do not know.

Thank you.

Another suggestion, the website says languages spoken English and Italian. If it is the intent of the website and operation to cater to English speaking customers, you might want to get a translation done by someone with better written English skills. Besides the website providing very little useful information, the English is so poor as to make it fairly unreadable. It looks like it may have been done by an online translator program.

You should post rates too. If I go to the rates page on a website I want to see rates, not "email for rates." If there's no info there I will just skip the operation.

1. Nitrox not yet available.
2. Price includes
- 3 dives per day, includes 1 night dive
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (buffet)
- Mineral water during the main meals – American coffee & tea
- Transportation from and to the airport
- Maldivian Government Tax
- Trips to the fishermen islands
- Trips to the desert islands
- Trip to Malé, (Capital City)
- 1 dinner on the beach (if weather conditions are ok)
- Accompanied daily snorkeling for non divers
- Diving dhoni (with oxigen tanks and weights)
- Dinghi (10 seats) with engine 50 hp

3. Tour of the boat are from Sunday to Sunday and the trip starts from the Airport.

4. Extra Pay
Additional 5% for Junior Suite Room
Additional 15% for Suite Rooms
Additional 60% for Single Occupancy

5. Discounts
Adult occupying third bed - 10%
Below 18 years occupying third bed - 20%
Children under 12 years occupying third bed - 50%

.......Is it $350 per day for 10 days. Is it $350 for 10 days..........

Now we are getting somewhere awesome. Thanks for the info so far. Now if you could answer the above question, I think I will be able to process the information and stop bugging you.

Actually, I will ask one other. Is the above cost complete all taxes and surcharges in? If not, please list exactly what the dollar totals would be for the taxes and surcharges.

Thanks

I just reread you post and see taxes are included. Is that all the taxes? What about surcharges (fuel or otherwise)?

Back
Top Bottom