Maldives Liveaboard in end of Oct

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elbers_e

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I am planning to go to the Maldives for a Diving trip 10/25-11/1/04. I am attending a wedding in Southern India the week before and could not pass up the opportunity to dive in this amazing place. After reading all that I could about the Maldives on the web I decided to do a Liveaboard so that I could get to the more distant sites and have a better shot at getting to the big critters!
Although it was hard to sort out I think that I have decided to go with the Sea Queen. It appeared that there were cheaper alternatives available but it was hard to get any kind of independent evaluations of any of them and the divernet web site
http://www.divernet.com/travel/0900latabind.htm
gave a very good review of the Sea Queen. It also has Nitrox for a very reasonable extra fee so it sounds just great to me.

I thought I would check the ScubaBoard for any positive or negative feedback before finalizing my booking.

Hi Elbers.
I'll be in India (Bangalore) middle October, attending a conference, and I was planning to take the opportunity for a trip to Maldives. Where are you going to fly from? Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum). That's the only airport I found connceted to Male.
I am still looking for a liveabord. If you have more info please let me know.

ciao
rob

robcap:
Hi Elbers.
I'll be in India (Bangalore) middle October, attending a conference, and I was planning to take the opportunity for a trip to Maldives. Where are you going to fly from? Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum). That's the only airport I found connceted to Male.
I am still looking for a liveabord. If you have more info please let me know.

ciao
rob

Hi Rob,

Yep the only airport to fly to Male is from Trivandrum. Evidently flights to Male can be booked quickly because it is a favored vacation/honeymoon spot and October/november is a good time to go. I ended up having to upgrade one of my flights to business class in order to get the flight that I wanted. I haven't been on the liveaboard yet but so far the Folks at Maldives Scuba Tours have been very helpful. Their website is http://www.scubascuba.com

elbers_e:
Hi Rob,

Yep the only airport to fly to Male is from Trivandrum. Evidently flights to Male can be booked quickly because it is a favored vacation/honeymoon spot and October/november is a good time to go. I ended up having to upgrade one of my flights to business class in order to get the flight that I wanted. I haven't been on the liveaboard yet but so far the Folks at Maldives Scuba Tours have been very helpful. Their website is http://www.scubascuba.com

Good to know. Thnx for the info, Elbers.

ciao
robcap
a.k.a. Señor Granzo
a.k.a. Sku-ba-Man

Kevin Sheehan:
We are on the Baani for Christmass please let us know what it is like!

Regards Kevin
Hi Kevin,

Will post a trip report & some pixs after our trip...stay tuned! =o)

Evil:
Hi Kevin,

Will post a trip report & some pixs after our trip...stay tuned! =o)

Hi

Cannot find any photo's of the finished boat yet! We tried to book on their last boat The Barutheela after some of our friends stayed on it, they said it was great! but then we found out it hit a reef and sank!
Some photo's would be great thanks!
My e-mail is kevinkjse@aol.com
Hope you have a great time

Regards Kevin

Back
Top Bottom