Maldives in November, non LOB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ozymandias_kok

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife puts up with a lot, but I couldn't put her through being on a boat for a whole week because she gets seasick, so where's a good place to go to the Maldives in mid- or second half of November? Any particular atolls or regions I should be looking at more than others?

I don't suppose we have much of a preference for families vs singles, and we won't be hurt by lack of the other water sports, so long as the boats don't defile the water and there is at least decent snorkeling or house reef diving to be hand.

I'd like to have a chance of seeing some of the bigger stuff, like whales, sharks, and mantas. Don't recall ever having seen an octopus, either. :)

Oh, I knew I was going to forget something! Where's a good place to book? We'll be flying in and out of Dubai, but don't have much access to travel agents except over the internet. I looked at Expedia, but they didn't have too many resorts listed, nor were many of them available.

Ozy, I was out in Maldives last Christmas. The key will be finding which atolls are in season that time of year. I can't remember if Nov is the change in monsoon. If it's the right season, I keep hearing that Ari Atoll is the place to be and there are number of resorts there for various budgets.

We stayed at Full Moon as we had a hard time getting a last minute room during peak xmas season. It's close to the airport and I probably wouldn't suggest it. Rooms were nice. House reef was lacking. It's very shallow around the water bungalows. But not as many fish as I hear from other resorts. Diving was OK around that area.

Heh, that's why I posted here. :wink:

I think the Maldives is just less trafficked compared to say Thailand or the Phils, so it's going to be slower to get info, unfortunately.

As you mentioned though, finding the seasonal flow will narrow things down quite a lot. I'll probably end up contacting various resorts directly if I can't find a better way.

Heh, that's why I posted here. :wink:

I think the Maldives is just less trafficked compared to say Thailand or the Phils, so it's going to be slower to get info, unfortunately.

As you mentioned though, finding the seasonal flow will narrow things down quite a lot. I'll probably end up contacting various resorts directly if I can't find a better way.

the closer to end of november the better ( but still low season.

Ari atoll

probably a bit too soon for mantas and whale sharks

Rihiveli Beach Resort: Maldives Special Discounted Rates for booking Hotels & Resorts

My wife puts up with a lot, but I couldn't put her through being on a boat for a whole week because she gets seasick, so where's a good place to go to the Maldives in mid- or second half of November? Any particular atolls or regions I should be looking at more than others?

I don't suppose we have much of a preference for families vs singles, and we won't be hurt by lack of the other water sports, so long as the boats don't defile the water and there is at least decent snorkeling or house reef diving to be hand.

I'd like to have a chance of seeing some of the bigger stuff, like whales, sharks, and mantas. Don't recall ever having seen an octopus, either. :)

Oh, I knew I was going to forget something! Where's a good place to book? We'll be flying in and out of Dubai, but don't have much access to travel agents except over the internet. I looked at Expedia, but they didn't have too many resorts listed, nor were many of them available.
Hey Ozy,

We just booked a 12 day trip to the Maldives for December & will be staying on a liveaboard for 8 days!! I used Maldives Hotels, Maldives Resorts, Scuba diving, surfing and other activities, leave reviews and meet holiday makers and locals in the Maldives community. to book our resort since booking direct was already booked!!

Hope you enjoy your trip, we are really looking forward to our!!!!

Happy Diving!!

~Kelly

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom