Maldives in July?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bwilcove

Registered
Reaction score
I am considering going on a liveaboard in July in the Maldives. Has anyone had any experience with the weather that time of year? Yes, I know it's monsoon season, but what's the chance of getting caught in a big storm? If there's no storm, how much rainfall is there and how's the diving?

Also, any other recommendations as to locales that time of year if not the Maldives?

Yes... it will be rainy but not every day, you cannot really predict the storms, generally the sea will be rough. Anyway diving is always great no matter which day. if you are on a liveaboard you always have chance to see best dive sites. If you don't like the rough seas always there is the 2nd option,of choosing a resort. every single resort they have dive center. if you could tell me the dates, i could try to give you the best options.

cheers

Just want to share an Excellent Chance for Mantas & Whale Sharks

Tour: July 19 for 7 days or 14 days
July 26 for 7 days.

Liveaboard: Ari Queen

USD 200.00 per person per day for Sharing Double
USD 245.00 per person per day for Single Occupancy
USD 185.00 per person per day for Triple Occupancy

"awesome" has given you quite good rates. it will be fun to experience liveaboard trip atleast for 7days, which you would do some of the best dives around. so try to go for it. cheers

The weather can be wet, but usually isn't, and the diving is generally great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom