Malapascua/Palau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sirensmyst

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Just got back from Liveaboard in Palau and Island of Malapascua in Philippines. Will forward info for those interested.

Was just in Malapascua 3 weeks ago myself. Never did see a thresher, but had the best night dive of my life at Lighthouse.

From there went to Anilao for a week--excellent time.

Welcome back.

DocVikingo

sirensmyst:
Just got back from Liveaboard in Palau and Island of Malapascua in Philippines. Will forward info for those interested.
I'm trying to put together a dive trip to Palau and the Phillipines, Where is Malapascua? How do you get there? what dive center do you recomend? How do you get between the two sites? What liveaboard did you use and how much and how long? I'll appeciate

DocVikingo:
Was just in Malapascua 3 weeks ago myself. Never did see a thresher, but had the best night dive of my life at Lighthouse.

From there went to Anilao for a week--excellent time.

Welcome back.

DocVikingo

J Bird just returned from filming there, he complained he only got 15 minutes of footage for three weeks of filming. Threshers apparently aren't as common as some have reported.

Ralph

I plan to go to Palau in dec this year.
Looking fwd to your trip report!

If you plan on a liveaboard....you gotta go with the BIG BLUE explorer....They are fantastic. Right now they are offering free Nitrox...A huge move in safety for the industry. The crew is fun and they are a bit cheaper to boot. You will fly to Koror, they pick you up at the airport and take you to the boat. They are very consciencious divers. The food is good and healthy...for the most part...not the cheesecake tho....Oh well, you're on vacation right? One of the divemasters is an Aussie...he is a riot. Gat is a local DM and amazing. They will dive even if you are the only one going.....as they did with me on a night dive through a cavern where I got to see flashlight fish. I can't say enough....ask questions so I can be more specific...otherwise I can go on and on and on......

Doc....you didn't happen to see a redheaded guy on the boat, Dave? Were you at Exotic?

I did answer you LION KING...but it wasn't posted...????? I will try to do it again...gotta run for now.

While I was there I did meet and talk with Jonathan....at the time he had not seen a thresher and was 2 weeks into the 3 week stay. We went out inbetween his dives and saw one....got a decent photo...when Dave edits it out I will post it....He is getting pretty good with the C5050. J.B. did however get to shoot a pigmey seahorse....so he focused on that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom