Mako Sharks are incredible

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Premo83

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Last November I had a great Mako shark encounter in the Sea of Cortez off Cabo San Lucas. As it was my only day out on the ocean I did not expect to get enough footage for a video so I planned only to take pictures. As it turned out that Mako shark stayed around for 2 hours so in the end I took some videos too. I still had to mix in some pictures in the short video. I hope you like it. All was shoot with a Sony A6500 in a Nauticam housing. Unfortunately I got a little scratch on my dome which I have to fix :-(

He stayed around because he was being fed!

I've been on trips where they used bait and the shark left after 3 minutes.

Great video and pix thnx for sharing

Nice! Beautiful animal and closeup shots & video. I couldn't tell how long it was; maybe 7 feet or so? I'd heard mako diving was offered in that region.

Short is good on video, in my view. I'm quite impatient unless the content is very compelling. Yours is good!

Richard.

I'm thinking smaller than 7; it looks shorter than the divers in the video. Earlier this year a friend of mine was in that area on the way back from a trip to Guadelupe Island and they stopped to bait for makos; they had one little runt in the ~2 ft range that showed up and wasn't shy.

Definitely an animal on my bucket list. They're occasionally sighted off southeast Florida, but it seems uncommon to see one while diving - I've known more divers in my area who have stumbled across a great white or whale shark.

nice job on the video. I thought the use of the still pictures and music really made the whole thing work. Thanks for sharing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom