MAKO: Sale on High Prressure Floats

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MAKO Spearguns

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
Hey Divers,

This week, I have a sale on my max durable High Pressure Floats.
Starting at only $69.95 each.

Direct from MAKO. No dive shop markup!

MHPF-2T.jpg

And watch me take a kill knife to the nose of this float.
Now that is durable!

https://www.makospearguns.com/High-Pressure-Spearfishing-Float-p/mhpf.htm

Thanks guys for taking time to read this.

Dive safe,
dano

I should probably explain the use of a high pressure float - for divers who are not spearfisherman. An inflatable float is light weight and is convenient for travel since it will be deflated.

The model with a dive flag pulls very easily for a scuba diver who is looking for a very durable float that includes a dive flag.

A high pressure float is made from very heavy material so it has excellent abrasion and puncture protection and when blown up it is pretty much as tough as a football.

Spearos often use these floats when spearing larger fish in open water - they attach a floatline from the float to the gun and/or spear and allow the fish to fight the float. Very strong fish can pull a float underwater - even with 30 or 50 or more pounds of lift. A typical inflatable float which is blown up with your lungs has only a few psi in it. So when it is pulled underwater by a large fish, it will begin to compress and suffer a loss of buoyancy. A high pressure float will NOT compress at all (or loose lift) until the external pressure is greater than the internal.

The 15 L & 30 L floats have a max pressure of 21 psi which can provide 100% of the lift at about 45 feet.

Only the 15 L High Pressure Spearfishing Float is available with an optional Florida Legal Dive Flag and hydrodynamic weight to keep the flag upright. This design is unlike any other weighted keel where the elongated shape of the weight and pocket reduce drag and minimize snags.

@MAKO Spearguns .......

Looks like a pretty study dive float. How much weight is used on your float? Is that enough to keep the dive flag upright with any thing more than a light wind? Thanks!

Thanks for asking. I don't have a weight in front of me, but it is probably about 1.5 lbs.

It is more than enough keel weight to keep the flag upright and it will generally right itself if tossed violently by a wave. Definitely will handle wind, but whitecaps and mini-breaking waves will tend to push it over momentarily. It is self-righting in most any conditions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom