mako mini vs tusa imprex

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmaziuk

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

anyone has experience with both? How's the field of view in the mako?

Imprex looks like it has the best view and mini looks like the lowest volume. I'd like to have both, of course and I wonder how much of the window edges you can actually see in the mini -- shouldn't be much if if the glass is close enough to the eye.

Any other comments?

TIA

I use the mako mask and I can tell you there is no discernable impairment of peripheral vision.

I use the mako mask and I can tell you there is no discernable impairment of peripheral vision.

Thanks. I think I know what I'm getting for X-mas. :wink:

I use an Imprex for Scuba and a low volume for freediving. The side windows are of little value underwater due to refraction. You can catch a little movement but can't really count is as your field of view. They are much more useful on the surface than underwater.

The Imprex is comfortable and the purge doesn't hurt your nose like purges on many low volume masks. The Imprex is a good choice for photographers since the purge allows getting rid of water without changing positions and the field of view is fine.

Last edited:
I've a cressi with side windows and yeah: it's funny when your buddy's fin in the side window looks completely separate from their leg in the main window. I think I'll go for low volume first and get an imprex if I'm not too happy with that.
It never stops... I used to have savings... :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom