MAKO Interchangeable Competition II Freedive Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MAKO Spearguns

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
Hey Divers,

This week, I'm having a killer sale on my:

Men’s Interchangeable Competition II Freedive Fins and
Women’s Interchangeable Competition II Freedive Fins.

MCF2F-2T.jpg

MCF2FW-2T.jpg

Both starting at only $79.95!
Direct from MAKO. No dive shop markup!

https://www.makospearguns.com/Womens-Competition-Freediver-II-Fins-p/mcf2fw.htm

https://www.makospearguns.com/Men-s-Competition-Freediver-II-Fins-p/mcf2f.htm

And, if you prefer fiberglass or carbon blades? No Problem.

Our foot pockets and blades are totally interchangeable.

No glue! No mess!

Here is a video showing how to easily swap blades.

Thanks divers for taking time to read this.

dano

Thanks for the inquiry,

We don't have immediate plans to be releasing shorter blades for our freedive footpockets. But, thanks for the suggestion.

If space is a problem, you can disassemble the blades from the pockets in a few minutes when traveling.

If you've never tried a good pair of freedive fins, I think you will be impressed over the comfort and efficiency relative to a jet fin.

I waited a year for that sale to come back :( lol

EDIT I see they were on sale in Feb :( here we go again.

@MAKO Spearguns/Dano

I have never been able to wear full foot fins because of my US size 8 x 6E foot with an unusually high arch and narrow heel. I also wear a 7mm sock.

I was thinking of ordering a size large enough to accomodate the width, rub some mold release in the foot pocket, and pour polyurethane in to fill the gaps. I expect to require fin keepers.

Another option is to cut off the back of the foot pocket off and adapt a bungee heel strap to it.

My open heel long freediving fins from Riffe are getting pretty sad and they don't import them anymore. Any thoughts? What size should I order since there's no width info on your Website? I understand that this will void the warranty.

Not to hijack, but I know some other manufacturers make just the open heal bit you could order and try to adapt. Considering that with these though I'd like to try a full foot, I'm wanting a shorter blade for travel so will just try cutting them if they go on sale again.

@MAKO Spearguns/Dano

I have never been able to wear full foot fins because of my US size 8 x 6E foot with an unusually high arch and narrow heel. I also wear a 7mm sock.

I was thinking of ordering a size large enough to accomodate the width, rub some mold release in the foot pocket, and pour polyurethane in to fill the gaps. I expect to require fin keepers.

Another option is to cut off the back of the foot pocket off and adapt a bungee heel strap to it.

My open heel long freediving fins from Riffe are getting pretty sad and they don't import them anymore. Any thoughts? What size should I order since there's no width info on your Website? I understand that this will void the warranty.

@MAKO Spearguns/Dano

Thanks very much for thinking of MAKO. Unfortunately, I just don't have detailed foot width sizing information, and with a very wide foot and a 7 mm sock, I'm not confident that I can recommend anything. Perhaps there are still some open heel freedive fins - somewhere on the market.

If you must try, I suppose you could order one each of the 10-11 and 12-13 footpockets and then see if they can accomodate your width. If it turns out one or both won't work, I will pay for the return shipping. I am thinking it makes sense to just send the empty fotpockets and then if/when you confirm the size will work for you, we can send the matching pocket and whatever blades you desire and you can assemble?

Send me a pm, with your phone if that is something you'd like to try and I will give you a call to discuss the details,

thanks

Dano

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom