Mako Dive Parka features..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Too baggy.. looks like a snuggie or blanket. . I think if someone had to do a lot of movement, like gear setup or rigging lines, it would get in the way

Too baggy.. looks like a snuggie or blanket. . I think if someone had to do a lot of movement, like gear setup or rigging lines, it would get in the way

Thanks for taking the time to review the video and familiarize yourself with the Parka. Yes it IS very roomy. If it were tight, it would not fit easily over a thick wetsuit or dry suit.

These are some of the features that I spoke about on an earlier post.

• Compared to other parkas, my parka is much more roomy and spacious which makes it much easier to change in.
  • My parka has an outer shell with a synthetic lining, whereas some do not have the outer shell.
  • I also chose a two way YKK zipper instead of buttons/snaps. In my opinion the two way zipper provides more warmth because it zips the full length of the parka, not just buttoning from the knees up. When walking on a boat, you can simply unzip from the bottom (to just above your knees) for safety. And when you sit back down, you can zip all the way to the bottom to keep your legs warm.
  • The arms on my parkas are A LOT MORE SPACIOUS than other brands. This makes changing so much easier, as you can easily pull your arms all the way inside the MAKO parka, then do whatever it is you have to do. Then, you can put your arms back through the arm sleeves when you are done. You can’t do that with other brands because the arms are too tight.
  • My parka has YKK zippers on the outer pockets to prevent loss of valuables. The pockets also have inner zippers to allow for easy access to the inside of your parka without unzipping the main zipper. You can access your wallet, keys, or whatever you want without having to unzip the main front zipper. You can even use our MINI BOAT URINAL and nobody would ever know you are peeing.
  • I added an extra large zippered cell phone pocket on the inside chest to hold the largest of cell phones.
  • There is also an additional pocket on the inside for hats and gloves, etc.
  • For the wrist closures, I went with Velcro closure straps instead of corded drawstring closures because I think it is faster and easier and there is no dangling cord to get hung up on.
  • As for the price comparisons, because my business model is a bit different, my parkas are about $35.00 less.

Back
Top Bottom