Making toys...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NicInKorea

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Does anyone know good materials or plans to make underwater torpedoes and frisbees?

I think the aquatoys are great but it is so hard to buy them in South Korea I need to try making my own.

Thanks in advance for any tips, advice ^^

Nic

Many thanks Tadpole,

I would love to take you up on your offer and (being cheeky) could you order me a Toypedo? I will get the money to you or Russ ASAP.

I also guarantee you a number of free beers when we get to the sea between 1 and 10. You can pick the number.

Thanks again and also thanks for your support of my club on this site.

See you soon,

Nic

Nic

Sounds like a deal!! I'll have to jump on it tomorrow. It has been taking an average of nine days for the goodies to come in.

tadpole

Try an issue of model boats or similar.. or search google for model submarine magasines clubs etc... I have seen a number of radio controlled ones around...

I checked for model submarines on google and found a couple that cost $20 and can dive two feet. The price of a model that can dive five feet jumps to $650. That was a great idea. Can you think of another one? Maybe something (or game) to use or play with on the bottom of a 5m pool.

Nic,

ScubaToys.com came through again and I got the Toypedo and Aquadisk in the mail. Let me tell you right up front that the Toypedo has multiple "happy" colors. Just remember that water absorbs color from light, first red, then orange, yellow, green, and then blue. Additionally, color does not impact on performance. I think I will just stop now and allow your imagination to run wild. I'll give you the toys this weekend or if I do not see you, I'll leave them with www.deepbluequest.com. (I just had to get in one last plug in).

tadpole

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom