Majuro diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello Divers,
How is diving in Majuro? Are there any options for scuba diving there other than the overpriced Raycrew dive shop? I'm planning a trip to Palau and am thinking about stopping in Majuro for a few days to experience some "off the beaten path" scuba. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Don't know about Majuro beyond what I could see from the window during a stopover, but if you haven't done Yap, it's pretty great.

We spent a week on Majuro about 5 years ago. At the time RayCrew was the only dive operator we could find. And they were booked out. There was also Robert Reimers, and if I'm not mistaken, they had tanks available. We didn't really investigate too much because we were diving with friends who had tanks, compressor etc. We dove on the outside and inside of the lagoon and it was quite enjoyable. The diving is supposed to be even better at Arno Atoll, but we never made it there. We did not go as tourists expecting a posh resort and being catered too, so we weren't disappointed. I would definitely recommend to have firm plans beforehand, don't go expecting to sort things out when you get there.
Now, a couple years prior we went to Kosrae, 2 stops west of Majuro...There are 3 dive "resorts" on the island. We stayed at Pacific Tree Lodge and had a great time. Again, not a luxury resort by any means, but diving was fantastic.

Finally making the journey to Truk and Palau this coming December and very excited about that......:)

Thank you for the suggestions. I have been to both Yap and Kosrae. Although I like Palau more, I have to agree that diving is great on both of them. What I find strange is that Yap with population of 11,000 has 3 dive shops, Kosrae with population of 6,000 has 2 dive shops (at the time of my visit last fall), but Majuro with population of 27,000 has only one dive shop. And that dive shop caters to groups, so there is no way to guarantee long time in advance that a solo diver can get a spot on the boat. And if you don't get on that boat, there seem to be no alternatives. Is this really so?
I confirmed that Robert Reimers still rents tanks. If they do this, there should be a reason. There should be somebody on Majuro they rent tanks to. Maybe there are independent dive guides? If anybody has any additional info, this would be indispensable for my planning.

Did you contact Robert Reimers? They shouldn't have a problem telling you who they rent the tanks to. I just did another google search and came across this: "If you are a certified diver/s you can charter the 25-foot sports boat Wasabi with Captain Cary Evarts (caryevarts@yahoo.com)". Not sure if this is still good but worth a try.

And look at this copied from the Indies Trader Website ( last line is very interesting)
Local Contact Info
Marshall Islands

Indies Trader Marine Adventures
PO BOX 1396
Majuro, MH 96960, Republic of Marshall Islands
indiestrader@indiestrader.com
Majuro Office +692 625 4862
After Hours Emergency Local Contact
Ramsey Reimers +692 455 7226

Has anyone dove Phonpei, Kosrai, or Majuro since the diving there re-opened post pandemic? We're diving Saipan (where I lived & dove for 14 year) in March, then taking the island hopper home, stopping on Chuuk, Pohnpei, Kosrai, & Majuro. With so many 4-6 day stops, we won't have time or the budget for live aboards. We have made arrangements with our friends at Blue Lagoon, but would like recommendations for dive operators on those islands. Contacted Raycrew on Majuro, but they are way overpriced. Any suggestions?

I live in Majuro, and used to do dive charters. Quite frankly, with the high price of operations in the islands, unless you are travelling with a group of 6, you are going to have to rent out the boat and will find it expensive on a per-person basis. Cary Evarts no longer does dive charters. I may do some limited charters starting later this year but again, unless you are a group of six, the per-person rate will be high.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom