Maine diving 9/7-9/14?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phaedrus

Registered
Reaction score
Hey,

I'll probably be up in southern Maine during the week of 9/7. I'd like to do a couple of dives there, but I won't have a buddy with me. I was wondering whether anyone could recommend a boat that makes regular trips. Any other ideas are welcome, as well.

If this makes a diff: I'm not enormously experienced - only 200 dives, most of them over the past three years. I've done some ocean diving in the Caribbean, but a lot of my diving's been with a dry suit in quarries and such.

Thanks for any input.

Probably your best best is to go the Nubble Lighthouse in York, Maine. There are people diving there pretty much every day. If you go on a Saturday they'll be OW classes that you could tag along, you have to take off your mask, put on your mask etc.. LOL. There are charters that run from Portsmouth, York and Wells but they are rare and generally by appointment only.

The other option is Fort Foster in Kittery, they have a special beach just for scuba diving. Nice NE dive in a sheltered bay that never gets more than 20' deep. Could be done solo, although I didn't say that.

As you get closer repost your request and there may be something happening. NE divers are fairly rare and solitary, but we love that cold water

Originally posted by Phaedrus
I was wondering whether anyone could recommend a boat that makes regular trips.

Captain Robs Charters, Rye New Hampshire:

http://www.captainrobs.com/

And yes, let us know as it gets closer, we can probably get a few people to get together at Nubble for either a night dive during the week, or a saturday dive.

Back
Top Bottom