Main Forum Page Is Very Wide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Simon-

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
The home page, and any individual forum pages are displaying normally, but the main forum page is twice as wide.

Any ideas?

Let me guess... You are using internet explorer?

I'll try to figure this out... However, I'm traveling today, so it might be tomorrow before I can fix this.

Yep, IE

IE 8? Yes?

Either way.

I see the issue in IE 8 and not IE 7 or 9, Firefox, or Chrome.

I'll work on it as time permits.

I'm still looking into this. I haven't gotten anywhere yet.

It is IE 8 yes.

I have selected Compatability View and it is now normal

Thanks for posting this update. I am not a regular IE user, so I'm not really familiar with compatibility mode. I heard this fix for another problem that was mentioned regarding IE 9. At the same time... I am still trying to resolve this issue, if it's even possible to do so.

I will still keep this case marked "in process" for now.

I've updated the status of this case to "known bug"

After having some discussion with vBulletin support, it appears as though this is an actual bug with the program and how internet explorer 8 draws "lists". The width being off is due to the "What's going on" block aka "who is online right now" which is at the bottom of the Forum Home (forum.php) page. As previously stated, the compatibility mode is a work around for the moment, with this, and other IE related display issues.

I have been informed that vBulletin will have this corrected in a subsequent release of their product. Until then. The temporary fix is the compatibility mode.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Back
Top Bottom