Mahahual, Costa Maya

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nitrogenaddict2:
Anyone dived mahahual and with who?
I haven't dove mahahual but i have dove with xtc in xcalak several times and they are a good safe operation.

nitrogenaddict2:
Anyone dived mahahual and with who?

http://www.mexicoholiday.com/destinations/kailuumcito.html

very basic. No electricity, no running water except in the community baths, family style meals. I hope I've talked you out of going because I want to keep this place for myself.

The diving is pristine or as close as you'll ever get to it. Finger coral about 1 mile off shore. All the usual inhabitants. It has been heavily fished though so nothing very big.

If your lucky you might be able to talk one of the dive charters in mahahual into a day trip to chinchurro atoll.

I dove with Blu Ha diving. First rate operation, 6 pack boats, all scubapro rental equipment (if ya need it). Only real problem I had with it was that it was real choppy + hot weather + little boat = I got seasick after the surging dive. Best part about that was that I bought a 2 tank dive that day, and without saying a word, Douglas with Blue Ha, handed me my money back and said "no reason to torture yourself with that again". I mean how great is that??

I slept on Mahahual beach and skin dove out to 60 feet. Nothing much, sorry to say.

we've been out with maya ha and xtc--tho to chinchorro only with maya ha. positive experience with both, though i understand the trip out to chinchorro is longer from xcalak than from majahual (and it's long to begin with). the diving off shore is terrific, and the banks are pristine and amazing. both are ruuuuustic, so be prepared.

crispos:
I slept on Mahahual beach and skin dove out to 60 feet. Nothing much, sorry to say.
Are you kidding me? The reefs there "supposedly" have only been dived for 3 years, and only about 3 or 4 times a week. The reef was freaking endless. I mean, the site was named "Meso-American Reef SYSTEM". It was huge. Saw tons of corals, 3 turtles, trenches, crevices, walls. I mean, I don't know what else to say.

Hi Everyone with questions about the diving in Mahahual! I am posting with direct contact information for diving for you guys.
PADI Dive Centre, Blue Ha Diving Centre
Email: dreamtimetanya@hotmail.com
Phone: +52 983 834 5818
If you would like any information on the amazing, and still somewhat undiscovered, diving in Costa Maya, Mahahual you should not hesitate in contacting Blue Ha Dive Centre - the only PADI Dive Centre in the town of Mahahual - the town hosting the cruise ships for Costa Maya.
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY DIVING!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom