Magnifying Hood has arrived!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Well, the hood and the Macro lenses have arrived! I paid Monday and it arrived Thrusday. Considering the time difference it came more than fast :D

I put it together and gave it a dry run thru and looking thru it (are the lenses supposed to work above water at all?), the middle of the picture is in focus - but the edges look like vignetting - not the result in the picture, just the look looking thru the hood. The test pictures look ok, but I see this will be another one of those practice, practice, practice things.

The whole set up is now very heavy - with camera, housing, tray, strobe, lens dock, WAL and the 2 macro lenses (much bigger than I had thought) and I now am thinking of finding a cute cabana boy to carry it for me :wink:. jk

Wish me luck as I have lately haven't had much as far as chances to get in the water goes.

Aloha!!

justleesa:
Well, the hood and the Macro lenses have arrived! I paid Monday and it arrived Thrusday. Considering the time difference it came more than fast :D

I put it together and gave it a dry run thru and looking thru it (are the lenses supposed to work above water at all?), the middle of the picture is in focus - but the edges look like vignetting - not the result in the picture, just the look looking thru the hood. The test pictures look ok, but I see this will be another one of those practice, practice, practice things.

The whole set up is now very heavy - with camera, housing, tray, strobe, lens dock, WAL and the 2 macro lenses (much bigger than I had thought) and I now am thinking of finding a cute cabana boy to carry it for me :wink:. jk

Wish me luck as I have lately haven't had much as far as chances to get in the water goes.

Aloha!!

I work cheap

I used mine in the water for the first time in May. UW you don't get that vignetting thing. The only adjustment I have to make is the actual photo is about 1/8" bigger so there may be something on the edge you don't see in the viewer or your subject may be in a slightly different position in the final shot. If it's a big deal, I just crop it just a tad.

All-in-all I really like it. but yes, it does add a few more ounces to the weight. I need to reconfigure my rig to make it more balanced. My lens dock holding my WA len needs to be moved more towards the center of gravity so using it one handed is alot easier. Trimming out your rig can be just as frustrating as trimming out yourself!

Dee:
I used mine in the water for the first time in May. UW you don't get that vignetting thing. The only adjustment I have to make is the actual photo is about 1/8" bigger so there may be something on the edge you don't see in the viewer or your subject may be in a slightly different position in the final shot. If it's a big deal, I just crop it just a tad.

All-in-all I really like it. but yes, it does add a few more ounces to the weight. I need to reconfigure my rig to make it more balanced. My lens dock holding my WA len needs to be moved more towards the center of gravity so using it one handed is alot easier. Trimming out your rig can be just as frustrating as trimming out yourself!

Thanks for the info Dee...if I don't get to go diving I think I'm going to take my friends kids to the beach and at least get it wet.

I also have the WAL attached to the arm, but where the heck else can I put it? Does anybody have the extra part for the fisheye tray? it would just make it harder to get into places, wouldn't it?

justleesa:
:wink: send me your resume' lol

You already have mine... :)

Ok, but I don't do windows. :D

New toys are fun aren't they, even if they take some getting used to.

all I need is for a couple more to apply and I'll have a monday boy, tuesday boy....lol
(BTW, I don't do windows either :wink: )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom