Maeve Tulum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doea

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone been to Maeve Tulum resort since the new management has been in place? I'm wondering if there is still scuba available at the resort--no anwer from them.

Safe diving,
Alan

They're a Palace now, right? If so, I know that they use Dive Aventuras at Xpu Ha Palace. Since they are right down the beach from XHP, they may use the same shop. They were great when we dove with them a few years ago. They picked us up at XHP and took us to the shop for gear, and then returned us when we were done diving. I would guess that they would respond to your emails.

I was there in April - Tank Ha was the on site operator - Great group of people but the dive sites tended to be close to the hotel and less than spectacular, im sure the hurricane had alot to do with that too.

My understanding from TankHa is that they dropped all of their outside vendors when they changed management.

We have been running the dive center inside Club Maeva for about 6
years. Unfortunately we have to inform you that the Club Maeva got sold
to Palace Resorts in the middle of last year. All the contracts with
subcontractors got cancelled.

Our main dive center in Playa del Carmen will keep on operating as it
has for the last 16 years. We keep on selling packages with the Hotel
Maya Bric.

To come to Playa del Carmen, it is about 20 minutes south by taxi and is
costing about $12usd one way.

We can do the PADI specialties, Nitrox, Deep, wreck, Drift, and
Underwater Photography.

Stefano Pedroni with Bahia Divers are based on the Xpu Ha Beach. They are independent of any hotel and offer great diving with very friendly service. Also cheaper than the hotel dive shops. They are only a couple of minutes walk along the beach from Maeva.

Thanks for the information. I recieved an email from Stefano today confirming what you said. I see there are many posts on SB with similar highly rated recommendations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom