Madrona point

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

josh w

Registered
Reaction score
well, how easy would it be to miss the wall?? do any of you Madrona veterans have a Compass heading or land mark that you aim for?? Just never been "the leader" at there, want all my bases covered. thanx for any info....

I've only been there 5 times, but I entered at the "pointy" end of the point and swam North. It was about a 5 minute swim. The wall starts at around 50 feet if I remember right. If you are 80 feet deep and there is no wall, you went the wrong way. Even with a compass, I missed the wall once.

There are 2 obvious entry points. The path straight from the parking area and the one that leads to the right. The right path will take you past a park bench to an area of the beach we call the "little V" enter there and head due north for a minute until you see some rock formations. We call that the maze. Follow that keeping the rocks to your right and you can't miss the wall. My buddies and I went out on a night dive there once with about 1000 Madrona dives between us and still missed it because we werent paying attention.

i dove madrona once. we went out to a bouy that was attached to a scuba cylinder at the bottom, then headed north from there. great wall way better than any of the dives around squamish. I will be in nanaimo/parksville area on the 5th 6th and 7th if anyone is up for some diving im doing the saskatchewan and cape breton on the 5th with ocean explorers. should be interesting. and i will be in victoria on the 7th and 8th if anyone wants to do some shore dives.

Thanx again for the directions guys, success x2 today. decent vis, 6 wolf eels and 4octapuss, and some monsterous boot sponge. amazing dives. my trooper of a dive buddy stuck it out for 2 50 minute dives in her wetsuit, couldn't really complain about being a little chilly as I was dry.

Back
Top Bottom