Macro problems with the DC1400

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dim

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone,

I just bought the new DC1400 from Sealife last month and used it for the first time last week. While on holiday in Phuket and Koh Tao I was able to take some very nice pics. Overall the camera is very easy to use, but the one thing I just can't get right is macro pictures. I read it is supposed to be able to make closeup pictures to a distance of 5cm/2 inch. However anytime I try to take macro picture the picture gets blurry and unsharp.

What I do is put the focus setting on either macro or supermacro. Today I even tried to take some closeup pictures of small objects put on a table at home, but even there I can'get it right. (with flash, without flash, but everytime in good daylight)

Is there something I am not doing right? I am a beginning photographer and would love to get it right on (or rather before...) my next diving holiday. Any tips or advise is most appreciated. Thanks!

Dim

i had same problem. hold down the shutter button half way it will focus it will take a fe sec. (make sure your in s macro mode.) once its in focus the aim square goes green, press the shutter button the rest of the way to snap the shot, play around with it out of the housing. the macro mote was driving me nuts till i figured out how to focus.

Thanks! I tried and that was the problem indeed. At first I noticed the aim square never turned green and after checking the menu I found the fast shutter was turned on. After turning it off everything was ok again.

oh and if you have the external strobe , there is a macro mode flash setting too when in dive mode....

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. Right now I only have the videolight, but the strobe is next on my list.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom