Macro Photography in the Phillipines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roflcopter

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Could anyone recommend a good macro diving destination in the Philippines? Im going to get away in October and it is really cheap to fly to the Philippines from Chicago. Ive been to Indonesia a few times and fell in love with macro and wish to do more at the end of the year and would love your suggestions.

Anilao is probably the most obvious answer. Shallow muck diving, good guides for finding macro. Anilao always shows up on the list of best macro sites. It is also logistically easy with a drive from Manila.

Anilao is probably the most obvious answer. Shallow muck diving, good guides for finding macro. Anilao always shows up on the list of best macro sites. It is also logistically easy with a drive from Manila.
Any recommended resorts or dive centers? I'm looking now :)

Agree with the above , Anilao is wonderful. However if your international flight lands in Cebu , you have the options of Dumaguete or Anda in Bohol. We loved Liquid Dumaguete and Magic Oceans. But Anilao is better!

As everyone b4 has said Anilao is the go to for Macro in the PI. I use Buceo Anilao there, as the pricing is all included. Most other resorts there, you pay for your guide and boat separately so if the resort is busy your costs can really add up. I've been to BA 3x and highly recommend it.

+1 on Buceo Anilao. Been there a few times and love the place :)

Been to Crystal Blue x2. Mike Bartik runs a good resort, the boats and guides are good, the photography room is top notch. Night dives are cool, do at least a few especially in the 'muck' sites. Massages are cheap....get some.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom