Macro lens for Casio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronski101

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a Casio 10.1 MP EX-Z1050 with a EWC-90 housing and want to take better macro pictures. Sometimes my shots are blurry even though I am within the advertised macro range (10cm) of the lens. Is there a lens available for this or am I doing something wrong? should I not try to get so close and photoshop the picture later?

According to Digideep's housing finder, there are no wet lenses available for the EWC-90. It may not be threaded. That doesn't necessarily mean you can't adapt them. You just have to be a little more clever.
If you're not sure of the problem, I suggest taking macros topside with adequate light to check the range of your camera. Are you setting it on macro? If the camera will take good, well focused pictures at the same range topside you usually need to light the subject more so the camera will focus underwater. A focus light will do this for you. It is not at all unusual for point and shoot cameras to have close focus issues underwater. One other solution is to lock focus on a large solid object the same distance away, then move the camera to your subject and shoot the picture.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom