Macro Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jaybombs25

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi I'm looking to get a camera but I do not intend to take many pics of large stuff. The biggest creatures would probably be morays and just the occassional moray. I am heavily inclined towards macro photography including shrimp, crabs, squat lobsters and especially especially nudibranchs. I would like any advice I can get or recommendations about a good camera which will take very good macro shots. Any ideas?

Canon A or S series will do the trick. There are also some Fuji and Olympus models that are worth looking at. I simply like the Canons better so usually put them first :wink: YMMV

www.dpreview.com will let you put models side-by-side to compare than and www.digideep.com will let you know what housings are available.

You can also see a huge collection of information complete with links to photos and discussions by our members on some models that should be on your list if you follow the Pink Link in my signature (takes you to the Sticky at the top of the UW Photo area).

Happy shopping!

IMHO I think you would be perfectly happy with the Canon A640 in the Canon WP-DC8 housing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom