Mach V Signature vs. Freedom Plate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can't go wrong with the Oxycheq Mach V series wings.
Each one of them, the 18#, 30#, and 40# have the exact same inner dimensions and slot configurations. It's the outside dimensions that are larger or smaller that varies lift capacity. There is not much noticable difference in size between an 18 and a 30 if they were laying on a bench side by side. Sometimes I have to look at the tag to see which is which. However the 18 to 40 there is a noticable size difference. Personally I think the 30 lb. is the best overall wing if you were to choose only one. The 18 is a little light for anything more than tropical, and the 40 would be fine for really thick wetsuits like 7mm and up and especially if the diver planned on getting bogged down by heavy game or if they were going to be using integrated weight pockets.
For 90% of diving the 30 is premium.

I designed the newest version of the Freedom Plate around the Oxycheq mach V series wings but because of the versitile new slot configuration on the plate there are many other brand wings that will also work with the new Freedom Plate.

But AFAIC, overall the Mach V beats every other wing out there hands down.

Sure it does, thank you once again.
I'll let you know how it went as soon as I'm back from Malta (early September, that is).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom