Mac vs Windows for posting pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hank49

Contributor
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Macbook and am learning. Hey, this COULD become a bashfest on which is better, Mac or Windows...but that's another thread...
Anyway, with Windows, I could right click on photos in say...Facebook..and got to properties, copy and paste in the "insert Image' window. The Mac doesn't give the properties but shows the whole file, including the Facebook address, and then only posts the link, not the photo.
How do you transfer photos to a post here? I can do attachments from iPhoto but haven't figured out how to post the photo in full size.

Are you trying to post a pic that is hosted on a non-ScubaBoard server?
Adding pics to an SB post is fairly straightforward regardless of the OS being used.

Right click on Windows = Control + click on Mac ["Control + click" means hold down the Control button and then click.]
Control + click on the Facebook image.
Select "Copy Image Address" or "Copy Image Location." The specific selection might be dependent on the web browser you are using.
This copies the image URL to the "clipboard."
Then compose your ScubaBoard post. Place the cursor where you want to insert your image.
Click on the "Insert Image" icon.
Paste the contents of your "clipboard" into the URL field.
That's it.

It only takes a few seconds...

Here's an example of a photo I found on the Facebook website:
n52089009266_9585.jpg

If you get tired of Control + click to emulate a right-click, simply enter "System Preferences" and select "Trackpad." If you check the box next to "Secondary Tap" then a two-finger trackpad tap will emulate a right-click.

You can also attach a photo to your post via direct upload. To do this, click on the paperclip icon in the post box. You will be directed to upload the photo from your computer or from a URL.

Hope this helps...

Back
Top Bottom