M4/3 platform and wet lens question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tripntx

Contributor
Reaction score
Any reason to keep an INON UWL-100 Type 2 wet lens for use with current or future M4/3 camera platform?

I plan on buying an E-PL1 in the very near future. Have all my Oly C-8080 stuff on ebay, once sold I'll order the E-PL1. Then I'll sell off my Cannon A-720IS stuff to fund the PT-EP01 housing. Keeping all tray, strobe, arms, etc.

Which brings me to the INON wet lens. I've had it a year or two, it's in excellent condition, lens isn't scratched nor does it have water spots. Should I keep it or sell it? Money could be used towards funding a second strobe which I could use.

A friend of mine has the EP2, I have used it to set up a bench test with the Oly Pancake lens. The result was very encouraging with the Inon WAL-100 with dome. This was of course a dry land test but I can see no reason that these cameras, with the pancake lens and a housing port that is just long enough to clear the lens, could not work with some wet lenses. But, will this ever exist, probably not, more likely they will configure for the new 8mm fisheye and a dome port for it.

N

Thanks for replying. I posted this on three different forums and heard practically the same thing from all you different people. While it doesn't bother me to take a loss on digital camera and housing, I really hate selling the INON lens simply because it is like new and I know they don't go for much on EBay used, yet it is still a currently manufactured item that sells for over $300 new here in states.

on other threads I actually read that it is not a good idea... not sure how the the inon lenses are designed but if they work well on small sensors they may have a problem with the M43 lenses...
It would be great if someone could actually try a WA UWL-100 Inon tipe 1 or 2 wet lens with the kit lens set at 14mm (in the underwater case with the M67 adapter...)!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom