M2/IRIS USB connection and I CANNOT change the port

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jswantek

Contributor
Reaction score
I have an M2 and IRIS USB. I installed the software and got a COM Port error, as many others did. Went into my device manager, and NONE of my USB ports have COM or LPT numbers assigned to them. In fact, there's no such heading as Ports, at all, in there.

I'm running WinXP SP3, IRIS v2.3 software. Can anyone give me any ideas or suggestions, or am I just going to have to put the whole setup on eBay?

Still waiting for a reply on this from the Mares guys. Really, really, really could use some assistance here.

Did that Phil, the response I got was "acquire a usb-to-serial adaptor". The part where I DO NOT have any serial ports on my laptop seems to be overlooked by everyone. I do not have COM or LPT ports on my computer, only USB ports.

Why does Mares have to make this so complicated? My dive buddy has a computer from another manufacturer, and all he has to do is put it in front of his IR port on his laptop and BING, it starts downloading. Can't Mares make it as simple as that???

I have a Mares M2 and the I.R.I.S. interface but can't connect to the laptop.
I keep getting an error;

[M.DM.DP]
Error Detail
L = '0' - Error n.[o]-
DJ = '0'
DP = '51'
I = '0'
AP = '0'
UP = '30000'

Is anyone getting this same error?
And what is the solution.

My Laptop also has no serial ports. Just USB Ports.
This interface is a USB interface why would it need a serial port?

You may need to create a generic comport on your system.

Back
Top Bottom