Lynx will not receive signal from transmitter after update.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cruzie27

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Earlier this month I purchased a Liquivision Lynx with transmitter,. It worked fine until the software was updated. Now that the software has been updated the Lynx will not receive a signal from the U-2 transmitter it came with. (And previously worked with.) At first I thought it was a dead battery in the transmitter and quickly swapped it out. I made sure to change the transmitter battery type on the computer. Despite hearing the transmitter working the Lynx kept showing "no sig" for tank pressure.

How to fix this issue? I want to be able to use this computer but currently it is a paperweight with pretty colors on the screen. (Read a very expensive and useless piece of equipment.)

---------- Post added July 27th, 2015 at 11:27 PM ----------

Spent a good bit of today going thru the steps I could think of to get my setup 100% working again,. Finally when I ran out of ideas I called the number on the site and spoke to a very polite and helpful gentleman. After a few minutes of explaing and discussing the problem and steps I took we settled on sending the computer back for them to look at. Still not sure what the problem is but at least it seems Liquivision is willing to get things back to the way they should be.

Received a replacement Lynx in the mail Friday. (14 AUG 15) it had a 2015 manufacture date as opposed to the 2014 of my original and already had the latest software updates. Had the chance to do a few shakeout dives this weekend and it appears everything is working perfectly. Through out this entire process I had been in touch with one of their CS guys via email. I must say they did an outstanding job with everything, and it appears the old horror stories about the customer service have at the very least improved to a quite acceptable level.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom