LX7 is ordered

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interceptor, wanted to thank you for your blog, posts and suggestions. Nauticam housing came last night. This is a great quality housing. Combined with the LX7 this is great little system.

A quick question if you don't mind. While in manual photo mode, if I record video, it seems like shutter, aperture and ISO go auto mode ? If so, this is a good thing as it makes recording video on the fly a breeze.

Bluewater Photo was fantastic. Answered all, my email questions the same day, website has recommended accessory options on the housing order page, helpful product videos on youtube and their sister site Underwaterphoto guide has a ton of useful articles, suggestions and camera settings. Received an auto email with tracking number the same day I ordered and also a personal email from a staff member confirming the order and tracking number on the same day.

Last edited:
Hi Ron
The movie button always works in video auto (program) mode so if you are in manual photo it will not use those settings but override them this is true for all mondes except creative movie mode
Though this can be a good think I do not particularly like the program movie mode because the camera does not respect the 180 degrees shutter speed rule so for example it could choose something like 1/80 ISO80 instead of sticking to 1/60 or 1/125 this may make the video look scatty when shown on Tvs

Hi Ron
The movie button always works in video auto (program) mode so if you are in manual photo it will not use those settings but override them this is true for all mondes except creative movie mode
Though this can be a good think I do not particularly like the program movie mode because the camera does not respect the 180 degrees shutter speed rule so for example it could choose something like 1/80 ISO80 instead of sticking to 1/60 or 1/125 this may make the video look scatty when shown on Tvs

Good point. Probably best to switch to movie mode shutter priority. Luckily this is pretty quick and easy to do with the LX7/Nauticam. Still amazed how easy it is to do 1 touch MWB. It's as easy as it was with my old big camcorder and a lot easier than my DSLR.

Can't wait to get this UW in Cozumel.

... Still amazed how easy it is to do 1 touch MWB. It's as easy as it was with my old big camcorder and a lot easier than my DSLR.

Can't wait to get this UW in Cozumel.

Ronscuba,
OK, now that's very interesting! I'd be very grateful for more info. Is it really just a single button press? I'm missing 1 touch MWB. On my GH2 I have 3 buttons to press :-(

Matthew

Ronscuba,
OK, now that's very interesting! I'd be very grateful for more info. Is it really just a single button press? I'm missing 1 touch MWB. On my GH2 I have 3 buttons to press :-(

Matthew

In total you have 3 key press WB-WB-Set or right-right-center

Very fast with no navigation

My bad. Like Interceptor said, start to finish, you have to hit the buttons 3 times. But this is very quick and easy.

Some other cameras/camcorders require you to take a picture, go into the menu, use the touchscreen, use the dial, use the wheel, etc.. Buttons are quick and easy.

Pricing on the LX7 has dropped below $400 and under $300 at Groupon. That's crazy cheap.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom