LX5 10bar housing + IK TTL Strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquanut2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I Started a separate thread under the Panasonic Planet but without any replies figure I'd check over here.

I just picked up a 10Bar LX5 housing for my Panasonic LX5, the camera uses Olympus TTL protocol and the housing has a hot shoe cable that connects to a Nikonos 5 pin bushing. 10Bar recommends their own strobe housing with an Olympus flash for TTL. Optical Ocean Sales suggests using a fiber connection with a Sea & Sea for "optical" TTL. I have access to an Ikelite DS-161 strobe and seeking a wired TTL solution for this kit. So far I've used it Manualy with a two wire Nikonos to Ikelite cable.

Does anyone have experience with mike-dive.de or heinrichsweikamp.net ? It looks like a TTL converter may work but it's hard to follow in german and they have yet to reply to my questions.

I like the 161 with it's built in Focus/Video light and future upgradability to an Ik housing for my Nikon DSLR.

Thanks for any input,
Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom