Luna PMG upgrade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

randy88k5

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How much is the PMG upgrade for the Luna? I bought my Luna a year ago assuming the Luna was capable of multi-gas. The salesman at the shop said that it could do multigas and trimix. I understand now that it is an option, and I should have done more research before I purchased it so I would have known. However, I really do like this computer. It is extremely easy to read, I like the integrated air function, the compass, the ability to change deco profile settings, the alarm function (I don't bring a clock with me), and the data link so I can pull all necessary information onto my desktop and laptop. But now I need the ability for accelerated decompression.

I called a local shop and they said the PMG upgrade was $275. Is this what other people are seeing? I want to know if they are trying to screw me.

I need some advice. I don't know how much more I am going to put in this computer. I am getting into multi-gas dives, and will probably be looking to do trimix within a year or two. Here is the way I see it now
  • Get a cheap computer now to do multi-gas/trimix and run the Luna in gauge mode when necessary. I don't really want to do that because it is a nice computer, and I want to be using it. Maybe hold our for a price drop? Probably not.
  • Sell the Luna and get something more designed for trimix, like a Shearwater, Liquivision, etc... This is an option, but I would still need a backup pressure gauge and timing device for redundancy. A cheap computer in gauge mode could work I guess. I use a console for that now.
  • Keep the Luna as a backup and get something more designed for trimix, like a Shearwater, Liquivision, etc... This is possible, but as with pretty much everyone else, money is kinda night right now for unnecessary purchases like this.
  • Get a cheap computer now to do multi-gas/trimix and sell the Luna. Buy a good trimix computer when I plan to do trimix. The prices might have dropped by that time for an older model Shearwater, Liquivision, etc...
  • Upgrade the Luna to PMG. Hopefully the trimix software will be free for PMG upgraders whenever it comes out. Get a cheap computer for redundancy, or continue using the console.

I've used a NiTek Duo. It was OK, but kind of a pain to use. I assume the Trio is very similar.

Any advice?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom