Luna Beach Resort & other Roatan questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ohiodiver

Registered
Reaction score
We are planning a trip to Roatan in August. We were planning on staying at Fantasy Island, but read recently of the Luna Beach resort. Does anyone have any thoughts on this resort - including the dive operation? They only have two boats, which is of some concern. Also, Luna is on the West End, while FI is more in the middle of the island on the south end. For those who have been there, which offers the better diving?

Any feedback would be great - I have searched for info on Luna, but there appears to be very little as I believe it is fairly new.

Luna beach is a very nice facility. The advantage of Luna beach vs. Fanatasy island is that you are a couple of minute walk to West End and West Bay beach. Fantasy Island,while being a very lovely facility, is pretty much self contained. There is really nowhere to go or anything else to do in the immidiate area without some type of transportation. Lots to do and see in the West End area. Perhpas you could look into just a lodging package at Luna Beach and arrange your diving with another local operator. There are lots to choose from. You most likely would not even need to make rerservations in advance. Most places have 10 dive packages available for $15.00 to $20.00 per dive. Ive found that it usually works out to be less expensive and give lots of options for dining and nite life. There are WONDERFUL restuarants in West End. This also gives you the option of changing dive operators if the one you choose is not to your liking. Look into the economics of it. I always like to keep my options open. Ive had good luck with Native Sons watersports ,but there are LOTS of dive operations to choose from. Whatever you decide to do....Im sure you will have a great time.

Thanks Zebra for the comments. I was beginning to think no one had an opinion on this, but I realize the facility is "new". Sounds like Luna is the place, due to the closeness of the other sights and restaurants. I am guessing that Luna used to be called something else, because I've seen conflicting info on the length it has been open, etc. Thanks again, your comments are very helpful. Now comes the waiting to go part.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom