Luggage Size and Weight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texasscuba

Reaction score
This may have already been address in the past, but in doing a search I did not locate the answer that I was looking for.

I was just told by a local instructor that Continental has restricted the size and weight of checked luggage to the following: 50 lbs per bag, 2 bags max. In checking Continental's web page is states the following: 70 lbs per bag, 2 bags max.

I'm leaving for Cozumel in three weeks and was planning to pack two sets of dive gear into my pelican hard case, total weight 58 lbs.

Has anyone been lately and can share what the truth is.

Thanks,

Texasscuba

Texasscuba

Flew to Coz with Continental in May. My wife and I had both our gear in a Akona dive bag and never had a problem. I saw many large bags with dive gear. I would be more worried about the size of the bag than the weight. Call your local airport and ask them about size requirements. I flew to Montana a year ago and had a problem with my very large expandable bag. They almost charged me additional funds for oversize but we were able to take out enough stuff to zip the expandable part. Have a great time in Coz.

Print out a copy of the policy on the web page (make sure you are talking international, the rules can be different). Take it to the airport with you and if you have any trouble, ask for a supervisor and show them the web page. Should avoid any problems.

Rich Hagelin

Actually you're both right. The 50 lbs limit is for domestic and the 70 lbs is for international. If you check the Continental website, you'll see the 50 lbs restriction listed first. Then scroll down a bit and you'll see the international.

If you have any questions, let me know. I work for Continental, but in revenue mangement. I'm not that up on the changes with regards to baggage but I can look them up when I get to work.

Mark

Thanks for the information Mark. That's what I was looking for. I knew that if I put forth the question, someone would have the answer.

TS

:maniac:

Texasscuba once bubbled...
Thanks for the information Mark. That's what I was looking for. I knew that if I put forth the question, someone would have the answer.
TS
:maniac:

There was a thread on this:
http://www.scubaboard.com/t29102/s.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom