Lucky O2 Tank- Help with ID?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

antattack

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I keep buying tanks the most expensive way possible- almost free, out of hydro at garage sales.

My latest find was a nice Pressed Steel 100 born in 98 with the Genesis valves that are exceedingly rare, so getting the thing O2 clean for partial pressure nitrox fills will bring total price to about $200. Still, I'm happy with that bit. But my find came with another tank. I'm not sure what to do with it.

It's an aluminum O2 bottle with a Drager valve that I don't recognize. Pictures are below. Can anyone help me identify this magnificent garage sale find?

Thanks! drager Tank.jpgDrager Valve.jpgdrager Numbers.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:46 AM ----------

The numbers indicate that this was manufactured July of 1998, it's a 27 cubic foot aluminum tank with a service pressure of 3000psi. All that's great- but the valve is odd. since it's a drager valve, I'm guessing it's a rebreather Oxygen tank. The tank has an O2 Clean sticker. Do you think this is worth converting to a pony bottle or would some Drager rebreather owner need this? Any ideas what kind of Rebreather this might go to?

---------- Post Merged at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Some Internet research indicates that this is from a Drager dolphin.
thanks all!

Without seeing the size of the valve, I would be willing to say, you should just be able to swap out the valves with no problem. There is no reason why you couldnt use it as a pony. If you want, I will give you $20 plus shipping for the valve if you do swap it out. Just PM me if your intrested.

It's from a Drager Dolphin RB. You can switch out the valve.
Later,
John

Back
Top Bottom