lucky find

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
A year ago a gentleman went out on one of the cruises off Waikiki where you can slide and jump on the water trampolin. Well, this gentleman was wearing a very special ring that he received from his father and all the jumping up and down plus the water....needless to say the ring flew off his finger and down it went to the bottom. Gone. He chartered the dive boat for a couple of days to go hunting for the ring, but it was like looking for a certain grain of sand....pretty much impossible.

Well a couple'a weeks ago a guy went diving with us and the guide took him off to an area that we seldom go to. When he came back to the surface he pulled this pinkish thing out of his pocket. He said it caught his eye due to the unigue shape. The pink stuff started to flake off and he thought it was a piece of fashion jewelery - no one has that big and that many diamonds in a ring (15 - 1/2ct diamonds to be exact) surprise - surpise our captain knew what the ring was supposed to look like and it was the one the guy lost a year earlier. He still had the phone number of the man that lost the ring so he gave him a call.

Thanks to caller ID the guy saw where the call was coming from and thought "Naw, it can't be!". But it was. He told the captain to give the finder $3000. I guess that took care of the finders Hawaiian vacation, huh?

Honesty IS the best policy!
great story, Mahalo!

It wasn't in the water, but I found a cell phone in the Charlotte airport this past Sunday. I managed to find out who it belonged to, and return it just in time for him to make his flight. He did wonder how I was able to know his name though!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom