Lube alternatives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

plaamook

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all.
I searched for this but found nothing easily.

Does anyone know of a diy home made alternative to wetsuit dry suit lube?
I’m pretty skint these days and I can’t afford all the fancy divers lube.
I used to use vet obstetric gel which was cheap (like a fiver for 2.5L) and easy to get in England but in Spain I can’t readily buy it.
I tried home made sex lube w corn starch but it was crap. Comes out of solution and turns to mud.

So...hair conditioner solution?
I’m running out so things are getting desperate.

Thsnks

I know a number of folks who use diluted baby shampoo on their neck and wrist seals. Same stuff they use for mask defog. They have a small spray bottle.

I know a number of folks who use diluted baby shampoo on their neck and wrist seals. Same stuff they use for mask defog. They have a small spray bottle.

Never tried it.
Think it would work on arms n legs for a wetsuit? Seems like it might.

Never tried it.
Think it would work on arms n legs for a wetsuit? Seems like it might.
It definitely does because I’ve used it myself for a wetsuit. But what really helps for a wetsuit is a long sleeved rash guard on top and Lycra socks. Friends swear by a full length dive skin.

Hmm. Yeah. Cause my wetsuit isn’t slippy and slick on the inside. It’s like fabric. But it’s custom made and tight, as it should be, but it’s a pisser when it’s hot and I’m sticky w sweat.

Hmm. Yeah. Cause my wetsuit isn’t slippy and slick on the inside. It’s like fabric. But it’s custom made and tight, as it should be, but it’s a pisser when it’s hot and I’m sticky w sweat.
Sounds like a full length skin might be the answer then. I’ve seen them cheap on Amazon.

If the issue is sliding in & out of the suit / seals, i use talcum powder.

Its cheap and works like a charm

If the issue is sliding in & out of the suit / seals, i use talcum powder.

Its cheap and works like a charm

Corn starch. Even cheaper. But it’s a mess and only kinda works...if you know what I mean. It’s my current method as I’m low on sheep lube.

Sounds like a full length skin might be the answer then. I’ve seen them cheap on Amazon.

Cheap on Amazon in the us, sure.
Spain is a bit backwater comparatively. But I’ll check.

I was hoping someone had a good sex lube recipie really
The sheep lube is great. Really great. But I can’t get any till I go back to the U.K.

Back
Top Bottom