LP85’s vs HP100’s. Twinsets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cyborg Pirate

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have done a few searches. I know there have been threads about this topic. But nothing popping up in the search. So here is what I am looking for.

I have a number of twinsets now. But I am looking to build another set that will stay strictly O2 cleaned. I will use them for trimix and helitrox dives. I have a set of HP100’s now. But I am considering a set of LP85’s. I have never used a set of LP85’s. So I am curious how they actually perform as a twinset in the water, a set of HP100’s. Trim, balance, etc. I know and have read the specs on both. But want real world opinion, exp in diving the two different sets.

Do the LP85’s get light? Will I need weight on them? The 100’s I don’t need weight.

Thank you

I only have a handful of dives in lp85s, I felt that the faber 85s got a little butt light at the end.

If these tanks are going to be your trimix tanks, I would move up to a larger set of tanks to match the deeper diving. Lp108s, hp120, hp119s. Hp100s might work depending on SAC rate, but wouldnt be my first choice.

I only have a handful of dives in lp85s, I felt that the faber 85s got a little butt light at the end.

If these tanks are going to be your trimix tanks, I would move up to a larger set of tanks to match the deeper diving. Lp108s, hp120, hp119s. Hp100s might work depending on SAC rate, but wouldnt be my first choice.
I think I wrote that wrong. Yes my 120’s are for my deep dives. I will have two sets of either hp100’s or 1 set of LP85’s and 1 set of HP100’s (depending on the info I gleen from this thread). 1 set will be O2 cleaned and used for strictly helitrox/trimix just like my 120’s are. But for just air dives I want another set so I can still do my own air fills at home and not have to worry about the O2 cleaning each time I fill my own.

However your answer about the “butt light” with the LP85’s I was thinking too.

My LP85's (singles and twins) are all XS/Worthington, and are heavy as all heck.... Love them!

There are a lot of dives I do where the big 120’s are just not the right tool for the job. Too big and long etc. a high capacity set of doubles but not compromised mobility.

My LP85's (singles and twins) are all XS/Worthington, and are heavy as all heck.... Love them!
Yeah.... but finding a set is the hard part. Hence a new set of Faber’s is my best/easiest option.

yeah, I bought 6 when DRIS was clearing out "old stock" at a stupid low price with the switch over to Faber (Worthington ceasing production). I feel I hit the jackpot on them!

I may just start Cave filling my LP72’s when needed for air dives. And save the money. Get my current HP100’s cleaned and call it a day.

This actually has caused me to really start looking into rebreathers. Just pony up the money and start selling off some of my twinsets...

my HP100 twinset is the Faber..... not bad at all. I have a XS/Worthington 120 twinset I broke apart. Not enough need for that much gas with what I was doing....

The Faber lp85s are 7" diameter and rather long. 7.25" bands will fit but not optimally. They get a bit light in the butt when empty but they are also very easy for almost everyone to trim out.

The Worthington/XScuba lp85s are heavier, 7.25" diameter, not as long, and behave nearly identically to Worthington and PST 3445psi hp100s.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom