LP 85s for sidemount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dhaines429

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I started sidemount diving a few months ago and have been using LP 85s. I now have two pairs, one 17 years old with the sprayed on glavanized finish that I've been diving regularly and a newer pair I picked up today that are Blue Steel. Having a hard time finding out about bouyancy difference between the two. Is there a big enough difference that I should be changing my weight when switching between them?

Unless you got one of the new "Hot Dip Galvanized" Blue Steels, the chances are that your old tanks have the exact characteristics of the new ones. Some reports indicate that the new HDG Blue Steel tanks have the same buoyancy characteristics.

The only REAL way to know, besides diving them, would be to fill the tanks to the same pressure and weigh them in water.

I am pretty confident that they will dive the same. I use my PST HP100s and Faber LP85s interchangably. The 85s could get a little floatier in the butt but I don't change any kind of weight between the two. I use no weight.

Back
Top Bottom