LP 85 Doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Squirm88

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I need to double up a pair of LP 85's. I have a set of Worthington's and a set of Faber's. Debating which ones to double up. Would be used at the moment for intro level cave dives in Florida, diving wet. Fabers are 7" diameter, Worthingtons are 7.25". Worthingtons are a little shorter than the Fabers and also weigh a little more.

Any feedback on the Dive Gear Express (DGX) doubles bands and doubles manifold?
Worthington 85's.jpg
IMG_1012.jpg
?

the worthingtons might be a bit too negative for diving wet once bands and manifold are added. really depends on how much ballast you normally already use.

DGX bands and manifolds are awesome - I've got them on all of my doubles. Look at the long neck manifold as it gives you a smidge extra length in the valve neck that makes reaching the valves easier.

+1 to what @runsongas said about buoyancy considerations of the two. If it were me, I'd lean towards using the Fabers for wetsuit+Freshwater and add a tailweight if you do end up needing more ballast.

I love my XS Scuba (Worthington) lp85 doubles (and DiveRite bands and valves). But, for me, it is with a dry suit and heavy thermals for cold water. Lots of weight...

For what its worth, my double Faber 85's are just long enough that I haven't gotten a single "pinch-flat" on my Halcyon wings.

I dive LP85 and specifically went with the Fabers because the are lighter dry weight and are slightly more buoyant than the Worthingtons.

Shameless plug I notice that you already have a left/right valve on the Worthingtons. If you need just a crossbar with a manifold I am selling one.

1) Do not dive steel doubles without a drysuit or some other form of redundant buoyancy.

2) Fabers tend to be preferable in my conversation with other divers around cave country.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom