Lower Keys Hotel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Icker96

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hi all- I have been away from water related activities since Irma. My wife and I recently bought a new boat and I’m easing back into diving. We usually stay at Atlantic Bay Resort in Tavernier because they have nice single cabins, a boat ramp and a dock. We are going down the weekend after mini-season and are looking to stay further South so we can meet up with some friends who are staying in Key West (we don’t want to stay in KW).

Looking for recommendations for a nice place with a boat ramp and dock. We would prefer stand alone cabins or “duplexes”, or smaller, non- big resort type place. Not looking for 5-star, but don’t want to stay in a dump. Definitely prefer a place with a kitchen so we can prepare some of our own meals.

Thanks in advance for the help. I’m looking forward to getting back to The Keys and getting wet 2-3 times a year

...... We are going down the weekend after mini-season and are looking to stay ...
Number 1 busiest weekend of the year in the lower keys,,,best of luck to you next week.

Number 1 busiest weekend of the year in the lower keys,,,best of luck to you next week.
I thought of that. Unfortunately we didn’t choose the dates. That’s when our friends from out of state are going to be in KW and we want to see them. We are checking in Sunday 7/28 and leaving Tuesday so hopefully most people are gone by then. We are hoping that we are passing everyone leaving on our way down

Drop Anchor in Islamorada. We had a good experience. Older freestanding cottages, boat ramp, you can tie up along the wall. It's shallow, so it won't work for larger boats.

I know you said you don't want Key West, but Coconut Mallory on east side of KW is in a quiet area far from Duvall Street. Haven't looked at prices recently, but my wife and had a very nice, affordable vacation there several years ago. I know they have marina but can't recall if you put in there or if you need to go to a public ramp

Good luck in finding a vacancy at this late date. Expect to be stopped incessantly with a trailer in the Keys, especially so close to Mini Season. They will be merciless. Take time to make sure you have ALL the safety equipment require by law as well as current tags and licenses.

Good luck in finding a vacancy at this late date. Expect to be stopped incessantly with a trailer in the Keys, especially so close to Mini Season. They will be merciless. Take time to make sure you have ALL the safety equipment require by law as well as current tags and licenses.
That's if you can even get down the road. I now plan 3 hours between 9 at night and 4 AM, but if it's outside of those hours, plan on 5 hours to get down here.

Sugarloaf lodge. Sugarloaf Lodge No cooking facilities, but a great restaurant.

That's if you can even get down the road. I
Too many DUIs on and off the water for me to endanger myself in the Keys. I just don't miss it, especially during this time. I'll do something safe like wrastle with moccasins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom