Low Quality 720/30 upload using GP3S ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeahorseDeb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
​Greetings,
I took my GP3S out recently and used the 720/30 setting that most posters here have discussed. I used a magenta filter as I was lake diving and the water is a beautiful (cough cough) emerald green and we had about 10-15 feet of viz. The filter did remove alot of the green cast, not so evident in the video because I didn't do a "test" frame. My specific question to this forum is, the quality as you can see is not good at all! I have seen other videos from other users that are fantastic. Now while many of the videos I have seen are in tropical waters, the upload quality is much better. I used GoPro's software to import the files and edit their length, I didn't make any other changes. Then I imported the files to ULead Video Studio Pro and utilized the "flip" transition you see in the beginning and then uploaded to YTube. I did render another copy using ULead Video Studio Pro and burned a couple DVD's and the quality is great on my nice big plasma tv. I do realize I should have used the 16:9 ratio so my apologies in advance for that. Some users talk about using iMovie. I'm open to constructive criticism and comments as I would like to learn how to improve my video quality on the YouTube uploads. I don't plan to do too many, but there is that Hawaii trip coming up!!---Thankyou!!!

Lake Pend Oreille Scuba Diving with GoPro Hero3 - YouTube

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom