Love my Z2,but...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bqualls

Contributor
Reaction score
Love my Z2, but it has developed a horrible high pitch whine on inhalation. Would like to here from the AA rep.. Should I contact SCUBA TOYS or work directly with AA. The piercing sound was so bad last Oct. in Sulawesi, that our divemaster wouldn"t get near me. I have read that the fix is piston replacement.

Hi bqualls

Thanks for the message! Yes, if it is coming from the first stage we will always replace the piston right away. The difficult thing about that whine is that it cannot be repeated in our machines because that harmonic is only created with the perfect temp water and pressure. I had a B2 that did the same and once the piston was replaced it disappeared. We always recommend contacting the dive shops that you work with but with these cases it is usually easier to send it to us to inspect. I would love to create the return authorization for you to send it to us and get this resolved quickly. Please send me an IM with your email/address/contact info and I will get this going right away.

Thanks bqualls....

Ryan Kenney
Huish Outdoors

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom